Re: DBpedia-based RDF dumps for Wikidata

Hello Dimitris,

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 10:41:04PM +0300, Dimitris Kontokostas wrote:
> The latter, we targeted only popular classes for now
[...]
> > I suspect that Wikidata will be more useful than DBpedia as it has much
> more
> > classes.
>
> We do not want to replace the Wikidata dumps, just port a common subset
> into the DBpedia data stack. We, and we hope other people as well will have
> some use cases for this.

Yes. Congratulations for this feat and sorry for using your announcement to
raise more general questions :-)

My current use case is search and with many classes, chances should be higher
that a search term matches a class and reasoning can be used to draw more
matches. I am still not sure if chances would be significantly higher. Your
statements suggests that there may not be a "long tail" here.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer