Re: Trailing slashes in RDF

Thanks very much everyone and thanks especially to Stian for being so
responsive.

I'm trying to write some recommendations for ORCID and this thread has
been extremely useful.

I don't want to have the whole discussion here - and I would have to
drown several small furry animals if this turned into yet another HR14
discussion - but this is, perhaps, the heart of it:

“ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you
from every other researcher and, through integration in key research
workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated
linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your
work is recognized”

Thus ORCIDs are defined in terms of what they *do*, not what they
*represent*.

Add that to what Stian has told us in terms of what will and won't wash
at ORCID HQ, plus the fact that the IDs are already widely deployed
(most notably in CrossRef) and it's clear that the options for improving
the semantics are constrained by practicality - which might go against
semantic purity.

Hmmm... a two pipe problem (but not three I don't think).

Thanks again,

Phil.

--

Phil Archer