Re: Meging ontologies with pellet

From: Diogo FC Patrao <djogopatrao@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 09:54:20 -0300
To: Cristiano Longo <cristianolongo@gmail.com>
Cc: "<semantic-web@w3.org>" <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hello Cristiano

Pellet allows you to provide several ontologies in its command line,
however it requires you to feed them in such an order that no ontologies
references another which haven't been loaded yet. So if ontology A requires
B, you should specify "B A". Also, I'm not sure it's straightforward to
just merge it without performing any inference tasks on the ontologies.

I've been using rdfcat from jena to merge my ontologies, then feed it to
pellet to make inferences. It also accepts several formats and translate
them into one.

Cheers,

--
diogo patrĂ£o