Re: Semantic Business Intelligence

Daniel, Thanks for the response. I'll try to reply your question inline
with your message:

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Daniel Hladky <daniel.hladky@ontos.com>
wrote:

> Sebastian,
>
> Are you trying to build something similar to http://stack.linkeddata.org/

No, I'm trying to develop a very minimalistic knowledge component reusable
in other applications. Yes, it will have APIs for alignment and merging of
datasets, link discovery and resource identity resolution but only in a
given domain of discourse which is the RDF (plain) data from which the
component is populated. 'Plain' RDF means I have *no schema information* in
the input datasets, data could be gathered from any source, even a CSV
file. The final deployment is a RESTful service which takes RDF fragments
as input and returns the augmented knowledge regarding those fragments and
also 'learns' (indexes) the queries (answers) and returns results
Semantic / Object mapping returning an object graph representation of the
and properties in the client (JSON, JAXB).

> The stack was developed as part of the LOD2 and GeoKnow project. Both
> projects are (have been) funded by the EU FP7 program. We at Ontos are part
> of the GeoKnow project and involved in the framework.
>
> The stack follows the linked data life-cycle and when checking your
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2015Feb/0096.html it
> seems to me that you try to achieve the same thing.
>
> If not here a set of questions:

No

> What are you trying to do on top of our linked data stack?

At least now, I'll make no use of the linked data stack. The component has
an activation framework which enables me to gather the domain information I
need directly from the business data sources.

> What are the use cases?

Augmentation of CMS repositories. Master Data Management (BI)

> Do you plan any specific analytical modules?

There is the syllogistic reasoning mode which allows using Resources and
their (class/instance) IDs and their Links to reason in this way:

Socrates kind Human.
Human life Mortal
Socrates kind*life Mortal.

> How would you compare your solution against traditional BI solutions?
> (Pentaho, SAP, Business Objects etc)

The component can be used as a client consuming or service provider for
those solutions.