Re: LOV v3 Annoucement

Hi,
Merci Pierre-Yves, Bernard, Ghis, Maria & all that support LOV. This service is a fantastic contribution to the Open Data community, and specifically the Linked Open Data tribe. UI looks great. The About page is excellent.[1] Would you consider adding links to some of the subjects mentioned, e.g., W3C RDF Standards, Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, Linked Data glossary? [2], [3], [4]

A minor suggestion that would increase the usefulness of the LOV site - Do you have a script that checks the availability of the various URLs and reports back to the maintainer via a friendly email reminder?  Such a script (running as a cron job) could remind the maintainer that a vocabulary has gone walk about (moved).  For example, I randomly clicked on the GeoData vocab & it 404’d.[5]  Presumably the maintainer would like to know about that & they’ll fix it.  We’ve learned, proactive practices like good reporting & persistent URLs help make LOD more ready for production use.

Thanks again, great work & really nice contribution to the Web of Data!

Cheers,
Bernadette Hyland
CEO, 3 Round Stones, Inc.

http://3roundstones.com <http://3roundstones.com/>  || http://about.me/bernadettehyland