Time: 19:30
Date: Every Thursday

Then a 'performance' is an instantiation of that event for, say,
Thursday the 26th of February 2015:

Event: Weekly Comedy Line-up
Time: 19:30
Date: 25/02/2015
Director: Joe
EventID: WCL25022015
Performers: http://wcl/WCL25022015

So, yes, a performance is an event, but a specific event.  So, to
answer your question, I'd say B:

th:Performance event:hasEvent :event;
:event a event:Event.

--
Peter Brooks, Fellow in Service Management (FSM)®

Tel: +27 21 447 9752
Mobile: +27 82 717 6 404