PDF? 9pt? US Letter size? Re: WWW2016 Call for Research Papers (apologies for cross-posting)

From: Andreas Kuckartz <a.kuckartz@ping.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 10:47:37 +0200
To: "research@www2016.ca" <research@www2016.ca>, contact@iw3c2.org
CC: Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, 'Tim Berners-Lee' <timbl@w3.org>
Sarven Capadisli wrote:
> On 2015-08-20 15:29, Ian Horrocks wrote:
>> See http://www2016.ca/calls-for-papers/call-for-research-papers.html
>> for details and information on how to submit.

>> All submitted papers must
>>
>>     be written in English
>>     contain author names, affiliations, and email addresses
>>     be formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings template
>> (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates) with a
>> font size no smaller than 9pt
>>     be in PDF (make sure that the PDF can be viewed on any platform),
>> and formatted for US Letter size
>>     occupy no more than ten pages, including the abstract and
>> appendices, but excluding references.

Thanks to Sarven for mentioning this.

Who is responsible for those requirements ?

In other words: Why are no webby requirements used instead?

I belong to those people who are reading scientific papers on a
smartphone and it is really uncomfortable to read PDF-files formatted
for US Letter size on such devices.

Cheers,
Andreas