Re: Books identifications

From: Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat@logilab.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 10:49:01 +0200
To: Cyril Otal <cyrilo@bookeen.com>
Cc: "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "public-schemabibex@w3.org" <public-schemabibex@w3.org>
Cyril,

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 02:25:46PM +0200, Cyril Otal wrote:
> Nicolas Chauvat and Jeff Young : I appreciate your answers about
> vocabularies. It's interesting, since it seems to be works to implement them
> in RDF.
>
> But I want to focus on identifiers (the first step of semantics), because
> even without a Triple store, it would be better to use the right identifiers
> to add more interoperability and prepare the semantic migration.

Have you considered using the identifiers from the BnF (French
national public library) ?

You can use the urls that start with http://data.bnf.fr/
or the ark identifiers.

For "A song of ice and fire", the http identifier is

  http://data.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/cb161841362#frbr:Work

and the ARK identifier is

  ark:/12148/cb161841362

as you can guess from the above url or read in the html at

  http://data.bnf.fr/16184136/george_r__r__martin_song_of_ice_and_fire/#other-ressources

If you want to automate things and find the RDF too verbose, you may
get a simpler JSON representation at
http://data.bnf.fr/16184136/george_r__r__martin_song_of_ice_and_fire.json

Read http://data.bnf.fr/about for details or ask me your questions.

--