Re: Stop Cross-Posting Please! (was Re: genid example from RDF1.1 is bad)

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:12:11 -0400
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, "henry.story@bblfish.net" <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>
CC: "public-ldp-comments@w3.org" <public-ldp-comments@w3.org>, public-ldp <public-ldp@w3.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-rdf-comments <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
On 09/23/2014 07:28 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> Please stop cross-posting!

Sorry, my bad.  I originally did a Reply-to-all to Arnaud's
announcement, and shouldn't have.  And once a cross-posted thread gets
started, it can be hard to consolidate it to a single list.  Apologies.

To prevent cross-posting in the future, perhaps the best approach would be:

  - If a topic spans the purpose of multiple lists, pick *one* list as
the most appropriate, post your message there, and then post a *link* to
that message to other lists, asking readers to post follow-ups to the
first list.

  - When making an announcement to multiple lists, post to each one
*separately*, so that readers who hit "Reply-to-all" will not
automatically cross post.

Please let's move discussion of RDF PATCH to the public-ldp@w3.org list
, and move discussion of RDF1.1 genid to the semantic-web@w3.org list.
(There is no publicly writeable discussion list for the RDF working
group, so AFAICT semantic-web@w3.org is the closest available.)

Thanks,
David