GRDDL and named graphs

From: Richard Smith <richard@ex-parrot.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:37:00 +0100 (BST)
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Is it still considered good practice to GRDDL as a way of
extracting RDF from custom XML formats?  I notice the linked
data platform (LDP) candidate recommendation doesn't makes
no mention of GRDDL.

My XML files logically map to an RDF dataset with multiple
named graphs.  Obviously I can't express that in RDF/XML, so
I'd need to use something like N-Quad or TriG to serialise
the RDF corresponding to my XML.  However generating these
formats is difficult in XSLT because of the need to escape
characters in literals and URIs.  Is there a better way of
achieving this?

Richard