Re: deterministic naming of blank nodes

Coincidentally, I will present SampLD[1] in two hours at the ISWC (11.00
local time, sala 300), which might be suitable for your experiment. SampLD
is a scalable approach for sampling RDF graphs, solely using the topology
of the graph:

The Linked Data cloud has grown to become the largest knowledge base ever
constructed.
Its size is now turning into a major bottleneck for many applications. In
order to facilitate access to this structured information, this paper
proposes an automatic sampling method targeted at maximizing answer
coverage for applications using SPARQL querying.
The approach presented in this paper is novel: no similar RDF sampling
approach exist. Additionally, the concept of creating a sample aimed at
maximizing SPARQL answer coverage, is unique.
We empirically show that the relevance of triples for sampling (a semantic
notion) is influenced by the topology of the graph (purely structural), and
can be determined
without prior knowledge of the queries.
Experiments show a significantly higher recall of topology based sampling
methods over random and naive baseline approaches (e.g. up to 90% for
Open-BioMed at a sample size of 6%).

And, to support LOD-scale experiments, you might be interested in the LOD
Laundromat[2,3] as well, presented this Thursday at ISWC as well. Here, we
(re)publish clean, sanitized versions of Linked Data sets as sorted gzipped
n-triples (13 billion triples and counting), with corresponding meta-data
(e.g. the number of blank nodes in this dataset[4]).

Best, Laurens

[1]
http://laurensrietveld.nl/pdf/Structural_Properties_as_Proxy_for_Semantic_Relevance_in_RDF_Graph_Sampling.pdf
[2]
http://laurensrietveld.nl/pdf/LOD_Laundromat_-_A_Uniform_Way_of_Publishing_Other_Peoples_Dirty_Data.pdf
[3] http://lodlaundromat.org
[4]
http://lodlaundromat.org/sparql/?query=PREFIX+llm%3A+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Flodlaundromat.org%2Fmetrics%2Fontology%2F%3E%0APREFIX+void%3A+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Frdfs.org%2Fns%2Fvoid%23%3E%0ASELECT+*+WHERE+%7B%0A++%5B%5D+llm%3Ametrics%2Fllm%3AdistinctBlankNodes+%3FnumBnodes+%3B%0A++++%09void%3AdataDump+%3Fdownload%0A%7D+ORDER+BY+DESC(%3FnumBnodes)+LIMIT+100
--

VU University Amsterdam

Faculty of Exact Sciences

Department of Computer Science