Re: Identifying a particular object

On 17 October 2014 21:11, Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru> wrote:

> I create a system which reads a distributed net of RDF files.
>
> (As otherwise loading an additional RDF file may turn previously valid
> data contradictory) I do not merge information from several RDF files. This
> way an object (URL) is completely described in one RDF file. Thus two RDF
> files may have an object described by the same object URL and this is not a
> contradiction, but two different objects sharing the same URL.
>
> Now I realized that if I need to refer to a particular object, I need two
> URLs: the object URL and also the URL of the RDF file.
>
> If I want to refer to a particular object, should I use two URLs?
>
> Or should I make it an error if two loaded RDF files have the same URL?
>
> My software:
>
> http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/namespaces.xml
>
> The specification it follows:
>
> https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Automatic_transformation_of_XML_namespaces

Yes one URI for the file, another URI for the data

Traditionally (at least in HTTP) these two can be quite similar using the
URL / URL#hash pattern

The reason for this is that HTTP is predicated on data having a container
(the document), much like writing has a delivery mechanism (paper)

The web wont fail too badly if you confuse the two together, but the extra
layer of indirection provides for a more freedom and a more decentralized
architecture.