Re: scientific publishing process (was Re: Cost and access)

"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com> writes:

> So, you believe that there is an excellent set of tools for preparing,
> reviewing, and reading scientific publishing.
>
> Package them up and make them widely available.  If they are good, people will
> use them.
>
> Convince those who run conferences.  If these people are convinced, then they
> will allow their use in conferences or maybe even require their use.

Is that not the point of the discussion?

Unfortuantely, we do not know why ISWC and ESWC insist on PDF.

> I'm not convinced by what I'm seeing right now, however.

Sure, but at least the discussion has meant that you have looked at some
of the tools again. That's no bad thing.

My question would be, are more convinced than you were last time you
looked or less?

Phil