Re: scientific publishing process (was Re: Cost and access)

I think I mentioned previously, Ivan, but perhaps not on this thread -
Hugh McGuire has developed a Wordpress tool called PressBooks which allows
you to write a book in HTML and export it as an EPUB file. He even
supports schema.org markup in a separate plugin.
(http://www.pressbooks.com)