Re: Debates of the European Parliament as LOD

On 08 Nov 2014, at 17:20, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org> wrote:

> On 2014-11 -05, at 11:19, Hollink, L. <l.hollink@vu.nl> wrote:
>
>> ----- Dataset announcement -----
>>
>> We are happy to announce the release of a new linked dataset: the proceedings of the plenary debates of the European Parliament as Linked Open Data..
>>
>> The dataset covers all plenary debates held in the European Parliament (EP) between July 1999 and January 2014, and biographical information about the members of parliament. It includes: the monthly sessions of the EP, the agenda of debates, the spoken words and translations thereof in 21 languages; the speakers, their role and the country they represent; membership of national parties, European parties and commissions. The data is available though a SPARQL endpoint, see http://linkedpolitics.ops.few.vu.nl/ for more details.
>>
>> Please note that this is a first version; we hope you will try it out and send us your feedback!
>>
>> ----- Access to the data -----
>> We provide access in three ways:
>> • Through a SPARQL endpoint at http://linkedpolitics.ops.few.vu.nl/sparql/
>> • Using the ClioPatria web interface at http://linkedpolitics.ops.few.vu.nl/
>> • By downloading data dumps. See http://linkedpolitics.ops.few.vu.nl/.
>>

> I am on a plane so I can't check but I hope also the data is Linked Data,
> in that every URI used can be looked up directly by HTTP GET.
>

> TimBL

Dear Tim,

Yes it is. Thanks for looking into it!
E.g.
	curl --location --header "Accept:application/rdf+xml" http://purl.org/linkedpolitics/eu/plenary/1999-07-20/Speech_1
gives:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE rdf:RDF [
    <!ENTITY dc 'http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/'>
    <!ENTITY lp 'http://purl.org/linkedpolitics/vocabulary/'>
    <!ENTITY lp_eu 'http://purl.org/linkedpolitics/vocabulary/eu/plenary/'>
    <!ENTITY rdf 'http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#'>
    <!ENTITY xsd 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#'>
]>

<rdf:RDF
    xmlns:dc="&dc;"
    xmlns:lp="&lp;"
    xmlns:lp_eu="&lp_eu;"
    xmlns:rdf="&rdf;"
    xmlns:xsd="&xsd;"

<lp_eu:Speech rdf:about="http://purl.org/linkedpolitics/eu/plenary/1999-07-20/Speech_1">
  <lp:spokenText xml:lang="en">
              – I declare resumed the session of the European Parliament adjourned on 7 May 1999, [ … etc.]

Laura