Re: Question re Triplestore/LDP on top of Postgre

From: Brian Duggan <bduggan@usgcrp.gov>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 10:21:04 -0600
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Cc: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
On Thursday, May 15, Harry Halpin wrote:
> >> The programmers, who are doing everything in Node.JS who don't know
> >> about RDF but have nothing against it, would like to use PostgreSQL
> >> plus Redis (or maybe CouchDB) for the backend.

We've had a lot of success using PostgreSQL as a backend, serving turtle
via templates which are filled in using information from the database,
and then web-scraping the populated templates into a triple store.

Postgres has some nice features like the hstore datatype which allow
the relational data model to be pushed a bit to accomodate more expressive
semantic relationships.

Brian