Re: MOOCs, crowdsourcing and Berners-Lee's vision

Paul-Olivier,

In the ICT overlap area of the Thematic Clusters Future and Emerging Technologies and Societal Challenges of the European Union Horizon 2020 research funding program, crowd sourcing and MOOCs are seen as important to achieve an open and inclusive society.

An open and inclusive society is not possible without open source, crowd-sourcing, open e-learning like MOOCs and inclusive innovation.

Inclusive innovation requires a field of actors, processes and technologies beyond what we currently associate with innovation, including intermediaries and end-user groups in lower and very low income groups.

Interaction between all these players will run over the common denominator technology platforms i.c. being mobile and wireless intelligent devices and supporting networks and thus be almost certainly intelligent dashboard driven.

intelligent dashboards almost inevitably require use of linked data, big data and semantic web technologies.

So yes,  you may have just hit upon a fleid of research worth pursuing,

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Project Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide by creating ICT tools for NGOs worldwide and: providing online access to web sites and repositories of data and information for sustainable development