Re: Linked Data Fragments: Web-scale querying

Hi Rueben,

Just finished reading the paper. Really great stuff. The idea of
splitting a single resourceful SPARQL request into multiple
fine-grained requests was always attractive to me and I've also
thought of something similar (http://lmatteis.github.io/restpark/). I
applaud you and your team for coming up with a formal client algorithm
as well as a server implementation for offering this functionality.

I wonder, given a Linked Data set, if you could easily and generically
wrap it with a basic LDF interface. Sort of how Pubby wraps SPARQL to
expose Linked Data, maybe there can be a wrapper for a Linked Data
site to expose basic LDF.

This makes sense because:

* I build a nice site and my data is available as HTML, marked up with RDFa
* Database is not a triple store, just regular MySQL

If people want to query this data, they have to crawl all my RDFa
pages and stuck them in their own triple-store.

Where I see LDF being a *huge* deal is that I could use something to
wrap my RDFa pages and expose a basic LDF server, without having to
change any of my technology stack for my app. This could potentially
allow thousands of RDFa providers to expose querying functionality
with minimum effort.

Best,
Luca