Re: What should we call RDF's ability to allow multiple models to peacefully coexist, interconnected?

So while we are on describing the benefits of RDF to outsiders...
On 12 Mar 2014, at 17:51, Michael F Uschold <uschold@gmail.com> wrote:

> SUMMARY:
>
> There are nice things and root causes of nice things. I think that all the nice things can be bundled into the term “schema flexibility”, which includes the idea of late binding, being optional etc, as well as the other major idea which is to handle multi-schema at the same time.
>

>  Schema flexibility derives from:
>

> 1.      schema being optional,
>
> 2.      the fact that there is one representation for both data and schema
>
> 3.      the fact that URIs make snapping data and schema from multipls sources (as it were) as snap. FIBO Telecon 2014-03-11
Yes.
Very important.
This is the other side of the coin from the idea that there is no semantic search.
There is only semantic lookup.
All that searching stuff that goes on normally is replaced with URI resolution (via the “snap” you talk about - nice terminology).
Cheers
Hugh

--
Hugh Glaser