Re: What should we call RDF's ability to allow multiple models to peacefully coexist, interconnected?

Hi Tim,
RDF is called many things, 'a lingua franca', a 'unicode of data models' but recognize that it is the foundation of the Web of data.  This isn't a philosophical debate, its business.

Large and small organizations, and some of most ambitious innovation projects are using RDF to represent massive amounts of human knowledge.  The global research initiative Horizon 2020 is funded to the tune of €80 Billion (US$100B) -- RDF is core to this project.  Google, Facebook, IBM, Oracle and government agencies worldwide are all using RDF to get real work done.  They are doing it because it solves a real business pain -- data interoperability among other things.

RDF is a mature international data exchange standard and mature data model.  It'll keep evolving and 'be an awesome platform in the future' but today, it's pretty darn useful when you want to share information with millions of people.

That is good enough for many of us.

Cheers,
Bernadette Hyland
CEO, 3 Round Stones, Inc.