Re: Translations of classical RDF vocabularies

Hello Jean-Marc

> Bernard,
> Fine to see my translation here !
>
> I would rather see
>         lingvoj:originalResource    <http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/> ;
> than
>         lingvoj:originalResource    <http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/index.rdf>
> ;
>
> not sure !

Well indeed what you've done is a translation of the formal RDF vocabulary.
Given that there is a content negotiation on the namespace URI, the former
declaration could be interpreted as the translation including also
http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/index.html which is not the case. I prefer the
object of lingvoj:originalResource to be as close as possible to some
frbr:Manifestation. When there is a conneg in place for some URI, I tend to
think that the resource represented is some frbr:Expression, and each
available file a frbr:Manifestation. Note that I differ in this from
http://vocab.org/frbr/core.html#translation which enforces translation to
link two frbr:Expression, and from BIBFRAME which defines translation as
linking two Works : http://bibframe.org/vocab/translationOf.html. Given
this lack of consensus I have not put any formal constraints on rdfs:range
of lingvoj:originalResource and lingvoj:translatedResource which are left
open. Translating vocabularies supporting conneg is a good test bed for
those models anyway.

> But I'm definitely sure that I prefer to see:
>         lingvoj:translator <http://jmvanel.free.fr/jmv.rdf#me> .

Sure enough :)
I've fixed it, I was just not aware of your URI :)

 Phil and Bernard, If you want to be informed of new translations, you can
> follow ("watch") the github project :
> https://github.com/jmvanel/rdf-i18n/
>
> I'll provide some  lingvoj triples for translations there, say on :
> https://github.com/jmvanel/rdf-i18n/raw/master/translations_list.ttl
>

> Bernard, will you update soon to "official" URI for languages like
> http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/iso639-1/fr
> ?

http://www.lingvoj.org/translations/translations-2014.rdf already uses such
URIs, do you speak of other places they should be updated?