Re: gender: Why does vCard Ontology define class hierarchy instead of skos:Concept resources ?

 It's not unprecedented  to model genders as a classes;  the extension
of a class being everything that is of that gender. Within the domain
of vcard, this corresponds to humans (hence no vegetable or numeric
genders), and would seem to be restricted to gender of identification.
---
If you really mean that, then you'd need three things:

- Gender - a class applying to humans
- Sex - a class applying to living things - male, female,
hermaphrodite, sexless, and possibly others to include haploids
- Gender - a class applying to nouns - masculine, feminine, neuter,
animate, inanimate and possibly the 40 odd nominal classes of noun

Then, for humans, you'd need to specify both 'sex' and 'gender'.

There's the problem that this is assuming that other social animals
are excluded from having gender in the sense of a sexual identity
separate from biological sex - which is unlikely to be the case.