Re: Call for Linked Research

From: Ivan Shmakov <ivan@siamics.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:35:08 +0000
To: public-lod@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org

 >> You might consider including in your call an explicit reference to
 >> nanopublications [1] as an example of how to address point (5).

 >> About source code, there's a project, SciForge [1], working on the
 >> idea of making scientific software citable.

 >> My two cents...

 >> [1] http://nanopub.org/
 >> [2] http://www.gfz-potsdam.de/en/research/organizational-units/technology-transfer-centres/cegit/projects/sciforge/

 > Thanks for the heads-up, Andrea.  The article on my site has an open
 > comment system, which is intended to have an open discussion or have
 > suggestions for the others (like the ones you've proposed).  Not that
 > I'm opposed to continuing the discussion here, but you are welcome to
 > contribute there so that the next person that comes along can get a
 > hold of that information.

	Not that I have much to say on the subject itself, but I’d like
	to note that, to my mind, a major issue with “on-site” comments
	is that there are rarely any standard way to “mirror” them
	somewhere else.

	Alas, Web sites come and go (and the Internet Archive cannot
	always be relied upon), while mailing list messages survive in
	the subscribers’ email archives, – and at times, could be
	downloaded via NNTP from Gmane just as well.

[…]

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A