Re: Making sense of Linked Research

From: Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:47:19 +0200
To: Thomas Passin <list1@tompassin.net>
CC: SW-forum <semantic-web@w3.org>
On 2014-07-22 15:38, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 7/22/2014 7:40 AM, Sarven Capadisli wrote:
>> http://csarven.ca/sense-of-lsd-analysis
>
> On reading the paper, I see you tried to do on a large scale much what I
> did on a small scale in 2003, namely, to get some mileage out of titles
> only.  I found a way to enhance the semantic content of these particular
> titles (browser bookmarks).  I found the approach to be of value in
> retrieval.  You might like to read my paper on this, "Browser bookmark
> management with Topic Maps", at
>
> http://conferences.idealliance.org/extreme/html/2003/Passin01/EML2003Passin01.html
>

> I also played with a very different title clustering method, and you
> might like reading that work, too:
>
> "On-the-fly Clustering As A Novel RDF Query Mechanism" at
>
> http://conferences.idealliance.org/extreme/html/2004/Passin01/EML2004Passin01.html
>

> Tom Passin

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm sorry that I didn't come across your
work, otherwise it sounds like it would have been great related
material. The good news is that, while conferences get a *copy* of this
"paper" in PDF, the Web document lives on. It can incorporate provenance
level information after all.

However, why not simply copy/paste what you've just wrote as a comment
on the "blog post"? That's why the comment system there - to take on
useful information like the one you brought up. That's not only for me,
but anyone else that comes across the work can follow-up on it.

After reading your work, I hope to integrate it.

Thanks again.

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i