Re: An alternative RDF

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 22:12:58 +0200
Cc: SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru>
>> So we have the situation (I presume) where a.ttl and b.ttl are valid,
>> but where the combination of both is not?
>
> Yes, see the above example.
>
>> Are a.ttl and b.ttl then universally valid, or just in a certain context?
>
> I don't understand this question.
>
> I am writing a specification to which they should conform.

What I meant is: does a.ttl contain triples that are
valid at any time and any given context,
or is the information place- or time-bound?

For instance, the triples:
 - Barack_Obama is CurrentPresidentOfUSA
 - Bill_Clinton is CurrentPresidentOfUSA
clearly conflict if you put them together;
that's because the first one is true in 2014,
the second one is true in another context.

But I understand correctly what you mean, the problem might be in the modeling.

So given the following:

> <http://example.org/the-transformation>
> 	a :transformer ;
> 	dc:description <http://...> ;
> 	# Other Dublin Core metadata.
> 	:source-namespace <...> ;
> 	:target-namespace <...> ;
> 	:precedence <...> ;

Do you mean to say that:
a) "X is a transformation"?
b) "you should apply the transformation X with those and those parameters"?

I have a feeling you actually intend to say b).
In that case, you need:

_:x a :Application;
   :ofTransformation <http://example.org/the-transformation>;
   :precedence
   :script-data

In other words: the transformation itself is always the same,
but you apply it every time with different parameters.
No inconsistencies there.

Best,

Ruben