Re: An alternative RDF

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 21:51:51 +0200
Cc: SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru>
> The trouble is that there may be no more than one :precedence.

Why is that trouble?

If precedence is a functional property, then all values for precedence are owl:sameAs [1].
So there can never be more than one precedence resource by definition;
sure, there can be multiple URLs for that, but that's no problem.

> forcing the programmer (me) to do something with a data which once was consistent but then suddenly became inconsistent.

What would the inconsistency be (i.e., a concrete example)?
And why would that be RDF's fault, and not the data's?

Ruben

[1] http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2003/03swap/owl-FunctionalProperty.html