Re: More on: Should information be merged from several RDF files?

From: Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 04:22:47 +0300
To: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@graphity.org>
Cc: SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
> From reading your PDF, it seems like you're trying to do natively in
> RDF what GRDDL [1] does using XSLT?
> Why though? XSLT is perfectly good for it. It would be an interesting
> excercise however to model XSLT in RDF, just like SPIN [2] models
> SPARQL in RDF.

Your understanding is totally unrelated with what I actually do.

Suppose we want to transform an XML document from namespace A to namespace C.

To facilitate solving problems like this I propose to put RDF files at URLs A and C. These RDF files may describe (among other things) transforming A->B and B->C (with XSLT or any other way! It may be alternatively a Python or Java script or even a third-party Web service).

Then my algorithm would be able to find the patch A->B->C and then do transformations A->B and B->C (with XSLT or any other way!) described in URLs A and B.

The above is a simplified description of what I am doing.

Read my specification draft more carefully:
http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/namespaces.xml

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org