Re: The upcoming user interface "Dizmo" and the Semantic Web, any Ideas?

Carvalho wrote:
> Great idea.
>
> What you can do is allow users with a FOAF to have their own personal
> data spaces, using the pim ontology
>
> http://www.w3.org/ns/pim/space
>
> So then they can save a bunch of stuff related to themselves or the
> various applications they are using.  They can share it with other
> friends etc.  I like the idea of a collection of RSS feeds to see
> what your contacts are up to.  I sometimes use the following free
> software package on my desktop
>
> http://tt-rss.org/redmine/projects/tt-rss/wiki
>
> But it's not been webized yet ... perhaps a good exercise!

This certainly amounts to interesting ideas and usecases. An RSS reader
is definitely something they need to put into a Dizmo. Also, I will keep
the Workspace Ontology in mind, I didn't know about it. Thanks for the
hint.

I think I will bring up the idea of shared RSS feeds at some point.
Additionally, sharing calendars would also make sense. I kind of like
the idea of attaching a calendar dizmo to a FOAF dizmo in order to see
the person's public calendar entries.

Thanks for your thoughts.