Re: A predicate that indicates order

re

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:41:03PM +0100, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> Linked Open Numbers stops at one billion. This is lame - the memory is the
> limit: http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0237/

It turns out that Apache is the first real drag (I ignore IEs laughable URL
length limit of 2083):

 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#limitrequestline

> Stage 6 of the von Neuman Universe has 2^65536 elements - much more than the
> number of atoms in the known universe. Writing them down is impossible but
> putting them on the Web enumerated should be no problem :-)

If we have the n-th element of stage m, then bit x of n tells if the x-th
element from stage m - 1 is element of it.

 http://www.brunni.de/sets/v6.cgi

Now having the element number of stage 6 in the URL needs up to 65536
characters with base 2, 19728 with base 10 and 10922 with base 64 - I'll have
to recompile Apache.

The element number for stage 7 would need 2^65536 bits and I see no other
way to enumerate it.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--