Re: Encoding an incomplete date as xsd:dateTime

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 13:55:07 +1000
Cc: Heiko Paulheim <heiko@informatik.uni-mannheim.de>, Jerven Bolleman <me@jerven.eu>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, "public-lod@w3.org community" <public-lod@w3.org>, Bernd Opitz <opitz.bernd@gmail.com>
To: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>

On 11 Feb 2014, at 01:53, Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would say that the vcard ontology formally needs to be fixed to allow for more variation. It actually seems to have been amended somewhat in 2010 [4], to at least not require the exact second (or fraction thereof) of the birth.

The latest working draft of the vCard Ontology [1] is based on RFC6350 [2] which defines birthday as: "The default is a single date-and-or-time value"

We can add xsd:gYear to the range for the birthdate data property to support "year-only" birth dates.
(and possibly to the anniversary property too)

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com