RE: Ontology of Laughter: Groans, Giggles and Gales of Laughter

Good Lord, Joyce’s FW! Merry Christmas anyway.

Leo

From: Melvin Carvalho [mailto:melvincarvalho@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 4:05 PM
To: Michael F Uschold
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: Re: Ontology of Laughter: Groans, Giggles and Gales of Laughter

On 24 December 2014 at 17:33, Michael F Uschold <uschold@gmail.com<mailto:uschold@gmail.com>> wrote:
As the Season to be Jolly gets into full swing, I reflect one of my favorite ways to be jolly: laughter. What makes us laugh (or not) in a given situation? Some people just laugh, like my mother, who regularly burst into gales of laughter, for no apparent reason. The more puzzled our looks, the harder she laughed. I dedicate this blog to my mom, who passed away just before Christmas a year ago.
http://semanticarts.com/blog/ontology-of-laughter<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsemanticarts.com%2Fblog%2Fontology-of-laughter&h=oAQFqHObQ&enc=AZMa0ogooYMsFQjsuLkO88QpUNRZc_Gg76Y9VlwDXC_Ikur1rW4xHWStmisEWJtMVpcjlf4blLVEXgUsCmIRa2VSufrubKiPXcsvpS4Nmg0NMULmg-nIZ2IkUxQNvm0zJDUAZYcr0E3IkLe-cu_vJLhKqeU2-3rTJ5oqkF0y8FSpaw&s=1>

It was Marshall McLuhan who said that laughter is registration of a grievance in a comic way.

“Lord, heap miseries upon us yet entwine our arts with laughters low.”

 ― James Joyce, Finnegans Wake
Merry Xmas!

Michael Uschold
   Senior Ontology Consultant, Semantic Arts
   http://www.semanticarts.com<http://www.semanticarts.com/>
   LinkedIn: http://tr.im/limfu

   Skype, Twitter: UscholdM