Re: The ability to automatically upgrade a reference to HTTPS from HTTP

On 8/27/2014 7:17 AM, jose wrote:
> * Caching / MIM
>
> It would be good that the browser knows this so that it caches only once
> the resource.

Again, my intuition is that the bigger architectural impact is caching at
intermediaries. If this is a good idea at all (unconvinced), then both
endpoints are aware of the aliasing, and as you say a browser could unify
the caching for the two names. Proxy caches don't get https traffic in the
clear, so I presume they can't cache it at all, right?

Noah