Re: rdf and category theory

On Apr 11, 2014 4:15 PM, "David Spivak" <dspivak@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul et al.,
>
> Yes, I would like some help making a MOOC; thanks for the offer! Perhaps
we should take this conversation into a new thread so we don't spam the
list..

I wonder if something interesting could come of a category view of Shape
Expressions < http://www.w3.org/2013/ShEx/Examples/> .

> As for Henry's questions, I think StackExchange is pretty good for asking
basic questions. Also one can find various videos about CT online.

paul-olivier.dehaye@math.uzh.ch> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>> I am a mathematician with interests in the far future for using semantic
research to help mathematics research. That's why I am lurking on this list
and why I emailed David in the past: I see his work as very interesting and
a very good stepping stone in the direction I am curious about.
>> It's not quite the same to have lots of material online and to have that
material explained to a specific community, so I think the MOOC idea is
worth pursuing (well, I had the idea of doing something along those lines
too). David? Would you like some help?
>> I have taught a Small Private Online Course using OpenEdX, built some
tools to allow professors to collaborate across institutions on a course,
so I am pretty sure my help would make the effort/result ratio worth it for
you.

antoine.zimmermann@emse.fr> wrote:

>>> There're a lot of resources available online and for free about
category theory.

>>> Some examples:
>>>  - Jirí Adámek, Horst Herrlich, George E. Strecker. Abstract and
Concrete Categories: The Joy of Cats (524 pages).
http://katmat.math.uni-bremen.de/acc/acc.pdf
>>>  - Maarten M. Fokkinga. A Gentle Introduction to Category Theory: the
calculational approach.
http://wwwhome.ewi.utwente.nl/~fokkinga/mmf92b.pdf(80 pages).
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~ooste110/syllabi/catsmoeder.pdf

>>> AZ.

Scientists

>>> --
>>> Antoine Zimmermann
>>> ISCOD / LSTI - Institut Henri Fayol
>>> École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Saint-Étienne
>>> 158 cours Fauriel
>>> CS 62362
>>> 42023 Saint-Étienne Cedex 2
>>> France