Re: Problems and Suggestions on Semantic Web for my MSc. thesis

On Oct 26, 2013 9:12 PM, "Sören Auer" <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
wrote:

> Dear Ahmed,
>
> I think you indeed hit an important aspect - how do we as a community
> identify promising research topics and reduce duplicate work. We are
> currently starting to set up a bachelor, lab and master topics database
> for the students in Bonn [1], which we aim to publish via the Exhibit
> faceted browser soon and which you can also check for some inspiration.
>
> I guess its always good to choose a topic related to an open-source
> software project, where you have a small community around to help. We
> for example (co-)develop the OpenCourseWare authoring platform SlideWiki
> (http://slidewiki.org), LinkedGeoData.org, DBpedia.org, the semantic
> data wiki OntoWiki (http://ontowiki.net) and there are many other great
> semantic web open-souce projects as well.

If you're motivated by grammars and graph validation, there's lots of math
and code to develop for Shape Expressions
http://www.w3.org/2013/ShEx/SimpleShExDemo .

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkWMg97xNy0udE5qM3l4Y2ZtZDVMVlVWLXdDZHpWWmc&usp=sharing

> Am 26.10.2013 18:45, schrieb Kjetil Kjernsmo:
> > On Friday 11. October 2013 01.48.12 Ahmed Yousri Salama wrote:
> >> [apologies for cross posting]
> >>
> >> Dear Semantic Web list members,
> >>
> >> I would like to ask if any one can provide or share with me
> >> some   problems on Semantic Web domain for my MSc. thesis to work on
> >> since we haven't any expert or researchers here in any  Sudanese
University