Re: SPARQL-friendly alternative to rdf:Lists?

An excellent use case is authorship of academic publications.
For some purposes order of authors is important.

This is not a problem in XML etc. but consider the following:
http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/cgi/export/eprint/259084/RDFXML/eps-eprint-259084.rdf (the RDF IR, not the NIR, for convenience).
	uses both containers and simple predicates
http://dblp.l3s.de/d2r/resource/publications/conf/www/SchraefelSGHG04
	doesn't give ordering
http://kisti.rkbexplorer.com/id/ART_00000000000000714110
	does it "by hand"

Then ask first how easy it is for a consumer (always!) to ask things like the following:
Names of all the authors;
Name of the prime author;
How many authors;
Names of the co-authors for a given author URI.

But also, how clean is the data - do we really want to encourage multiple representations of the same knowledge?
And a significant question is about how compatible anything is with existing ontologies, such as DC, FOAF and BIBO, which have large existing KBs?

Sorry if this is revisiting old material inappropriately.
Best
Hugh