Re: Deprecate http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns# in favour of /ns/rdf# ??

> On 28 Nov 2013, at 23:10, "Charles McCathie Nevile" <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> But I object to the idea of using schema.org - among other things, using a namespace rooted in a domain you don't control is a terrible idea.

I control neither schema.org nor w3.org, so by that logic using either is a terrible idea.

> And holding namespaces for RDF fundamentals is a long way outside schema.org's mission,

I have some news for you. May I direct your attention to
http://schema.org/Property
http://schema.org/Class
http://schema.org/domainIncludes
http://schema.org/rangeIncludes
http://schema.org/sameAs
http://schema.org/additionalType

That's a pretty good start and I'd like to see more.

> whereas it seems an obvious thing to expect W3C to do.

W3C does a fine job *holding* namespaces for RDF fundamentals. But that's not enough. W3C does a terrible job at removing obstacles to adoption that were designed into these namespaces in the distant past.

Best,
Richard