Re: vCard Ontology WD Updated

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 20:42:09 +1000
Cc: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>, SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: KANZAKI Masahide <mkanzaki@gmail.com>

On 31 Oct 2013, at 22:58, KANZAKI Masahide <mkanzaki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Renato, indeed, I'm still not convinced that we should mark them as
> "deprecated". Many of them are actually used in the wild, and
> referenced from other vocabularies. E.g. "adr", "url", "label" are
> some of most used properties in vcard [1], and "Vcard" is normatively
> referenced by some W3C specifications, e.g. DCAT and ADMS. Why not
> just suggest in prose text that they have consistently named
> equivalents, along with equivalentProperty/equivalentClass axioms ?

I think that is a good idea. I will remove the hard deprecate statements, leave the equivalent statements, and add appropriate comment.

However, what about those concepts that are no longer used in the latest vCard like X400, post-office-box?

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com