Re: Turtle data-type

On 23 May 2013, at 14:59, Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com> wrote:

> On 2013-05-20, at 22:55, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>

>> On 20 May 2013, at 23:46, Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, it's been suggested many times - never seen it in the wild though.
>>>
>>> If you want to use it, just define the datatype, it's not a Turtle feature per se - should work just as well in RDF/XML or whatever.
>>
>> It would be useful to have a W3C URL for this. As we may need this in the LDP working group.
>
> I think that would be a very bad idea, until the issues are shaken down.
>
> Unless the LDP working group wants to define the semantics of the datatype, but I'd suggest that's a huge job.

It refers to the set of triples you get by interpreting the content as Turtle. Is that so complicated?
The only question would be what does an inconsistent turtle document refer to? But that is the same problem
for any literal datatype. For example what does "assds"^^xsd:integer refer to?

Henry

> - Steve
>
> --
> Steve Harris
> Experian
> +44 20 3042 4132
> Registered in England and Wales 653331 VAT # 887 1335 93
> 80 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5JL

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/