Re: Is science on sale this week?

not sure if they pay. I know we do pay, and with current prices I
would expect conferences like ESWC and ISWC should be able to support
a more open policy. The ISWC2013 proceedings are not free of charge,
see http://www.springer.com/computer/ai/book/978-3-642-35172-3

this is my issue with the whole business model, we write for free, we
review for free, and then we pay to consume the content we generate.
in a time when content is king we are giving it away for free.