an update on the W3C PROV framework for provenance interchange

From: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:30:48 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Hi All,

The W3C Provenance Working Group released a series of documents last week
including 4 Proposed Recommendations. Together these define a framework for
interchanging provenance on the web.

You'll find a rundown of how these documents fit together at:

http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2013/03/21/prov-a-framework-for-provenance-interchange/

While the Proposed Recommendations that define the core of PROV around a
data model are fixed. There are still several working drafts  where we are
looking for feedback so please take a look. These include an access and
query spec and a mapping from the PROV ontology to Dublin Core.

We have over 60 implementations registered [1] but we're always looking for
more so if you're using PROV please register.

You can send your comments to public-prov-comment@w3.org

Thanks,
Paul

-- co-chair W3C Provenance Working Group

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-implementations/

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group |
  Artificial Intelligence Section | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam