Re: Yosemite Manifesto on RDF as a Universal Healthcare Exchange Language

On 06/07/2013 01:40 PM, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:>
 > I think life sciences have been early adopters for a while so this may
 > be a bit of preaching to the converted :-)

I sure hope so!  :)

On 06/07/2013 02:00 PM, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 10:44:55AM -0700, Peter.Hendler@kp.org wrote:
>> We'll still argue about whether we use SNOMED roles, make HL7 rim classes
>> and roles or openEHR or something else.
>
> Asking for a single extensive ontology about the world - or even about a
> limited subject - that suits all needs is a bit naive.

Agreed.  That's why RDF approach that is advocated does not make that
assumption.

> The nice thing about RDF is that you can have all of them in a single triple
> store, map them onto each other and make up your own roles if none of them
> suit you.

Exactly.  The Yosemite Manifesto at http://goo.gl/mBUrZ was
intentionally kept simple, but the issue of how semantic alignment can
be achieved was also addressed in the workshop.  See slides at:
http://dbooth.org/2013/semtech/slides/03-DavidBooth-rdf-as-universal.pdf

All slides from the workshop, and some videos of the workshop that were
kindly made by Tom Munnecke -- Thank you Tom! -- are available at:
http://dbooth.org/2013/semtech/

David