Re: There's No Money in Linked Data

Hi,

but let me play the devil's advocate. And actually this is something I have been asked sometimes by time by people not strictly in the linked-data crowd.
How do you quantify the business generated ?
Is there some success story with a quantification of business savings due to adopting a Linked-Data infrastructure ?
Or perhaps some estimate of revenues/sales from linked-data based products ?

Then there are a few other considerations to be made.

I'm not familiar with Jazz products, but looking at the website is a complete suite of things. Is Linked-Data used as a flagship products for a suite where the other components are what people is willing to pay for ?

Also, where do we trace the boundary of what is linked data and what is not ? Beyond a strict technical definition, if somebody takes a linked-data resource, put it into a graph database and doesn't use RDF/sparql anymore... we could argue that the value (eventually) generated is still at some point due to the availability of linked-data resources. Or not ?

Again, I'm playing the devil's advocate here, I'm not needing to be convinced. But I'm expressing some reflections that were actual comments of people, to which I didn't really know what to answer, except that they should think at linked-data like highways...

best,
Andrea