 From: ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program <metadataportals@yahoo.com>
To: "paoladimaio10@googlemail.com" <paoladimaio10@googlemail.com>; semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: There's No Money in Linked Data

Defining what constitutes open becomes a conditio sine qua non for being able to practice open science, using open collaboration platforms including those for sharing raw (meta)/(big)/(field) data, publications, reports, periodicals and information and legacy data from archives digitized.

Because linked data, linked open data and semantic web technologies can and should play a key role in all of this I think defining open should be done in a more integrated concerted effort.

I propose we submit proposals to both the W3C, WIPO, ISO and the European Union to set objectives and deadlines for hammering out guidelines for intellectual property on the Internet.

In terms of the nuts and bolts, key industry players, trade organizations, organizations defending the rights of authors, specialized legal advisers,
 academic institutes and professionals can collectively flesh out i.e. the implications for linked data and linked open data.

A special wiki could be created to aid this collective effort.

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Project Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide by creating ICT tools for NGOs worldwide and: providing online access to web sites and repositories of data and information for sustainable development

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
 you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.