Re: SPIN prospects

From: Michel Dumontier <michel.dumontier@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:02:45 -0500
To: Paul Tyson <phtyson@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: Holger Knublauch <holger@knublauch.com>, semantic-web@w3.org
> I think SPIN can help fill the gap between rule languages and SPARQL, in
> the opposite direction from which RIF is working. SPIN should make it
> easier to build a complete RDF repository of data+model+rules that can
> be navigated using linked data principles.

That's right - we use SPIN rules in the HyQue hypothesis testing project -
slide 23 shows you this idea exactly:

http://www.slideshare.net/micheldumontier/evaluating-scientific-hypotheses-using-the-sparql-inferencing-notation

 http://hyque.semanticscience.org/

m.

--
Michel Dumontier
Associate Professor of Bioinformatics, Carleton University