Re: [Virtuoso-users] WebSchemas, Schema.org and W3C

Hi Alexey

(limiting the cc list to avoid noise)

2013/1/23 Alexey Zakhlestin <indeyets@gmail.com>

> Is it attempt to reimplement http://prefix.cc/ ?

Not at all. http://prefix.cc/ is a precious resource, and that has nothing
to do with prefix wars. Prefixes in the spreadsheet are simply informative,
they are the ones used in the LOV data base and web site. Most of the time
they are the ones chosen by the vocabulary editors, but the LOV
infrastructure needs a 1-1 correspondance so sometimes we have to differ
from the vocabulary publishers.
More at http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/lov/about/#lovdataset "Note on
prefixes".

The point of this spreadsheet is to clarify current responsibilties re. the
listed vocabularies.
More context on the public-vocabs list at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Jan/0125.html
BTW I suggest people interested to follow-up on public-vocabs forum rather
than on either public-lod or semantic-web.

Best

Bernard

> On 23 Jan 2013 06:35, "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>>  On 1/22/13 11:45 AM, Bernard Vatant wrote:
>>
>> ACTION
>>
>> Make a list of "globally adopted schemas" (vocabularies)  and put a *
>> responsible* agent name/email/URI whatever Web identifier in front of it
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiYc9tLJbL4SdHByWkRYUkYxZU5qS1lQOE5FV0hiNlE#gid=0
>> Free to edit by anyone. If you are* currently responsible* for a
>> vocabulary, put your name and contact email address.
>> Let's take a month to see what we can gather. A month from now I will
>> mail all declared responsible to have confirmation, lock the document, and
>> add this information to LOV vocabularies description.
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Bernard
>>

>> FYI
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Kingsley Idehen
>> Founder & CEO
>> OpenLink Software
>> Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
>> Personal Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
>> Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen
>> Google+ Profile: https://plus.google.com/112399767740508618350/about
>> LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kidehen

*Bernard Vatant
*
Vocabularies & Data Engineering
Tel :  + 33 (0)9 71 48 84 59
 Skype : bernard.vatant
Blog : the wheel and the hub <http://blog.hubjects.com/>

*Mondeca**          **                   *
3 cité Nollez 75018 Paris, France
www.mondeca.com
Follow us on Twitter : @mondecanews <http://twitter.com/#%21/mondecanews>