Re: Infovore 1.0 released

From: Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 10:54:57 +0100
To: Paul Houle <ontology2@gmail.com>
Cc: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, Semantic Web at W3C <semantic-web@w3.org>
Thanks Paul!

the availability of an open source good quality Freebase to RDF
conversion is a very significant contribution. Effectively this makes
available to the world and with the power of SPARQL what Google is
more and more leveraging themselves.

I do wonder why you didnt use standard mapreduce (though i am sure
this is much faster for smaller loads) , but anyway :) good as it is
for that very task.
what is a u.n.a island ? (of can you explain this better? is there an
example * a query-rewriting system that enforces a u.n.a island while
allowing
the use of multiple memorable and foreign keyed names in queries as
does the MQL query engine)

i do hope a community will be started contributing and maintaining
this project, we'll certainly contribute back when we can.

Gio