From: asaegyn@gmail.com [mailto:asaegyn@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Ali SH
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 12:39 PM
To: Stephen D. Williams
Cc: Prateek; semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: Re: Versioning system for ontologies

I'm also very interested in hearing answers to this.

As Stephen mentions, treating an ontology analogously to source code (which is close enough) means that you can use services such as github (or google code). The downside is that an ontology lifecycle management is not equivalent to source code management. Barring a native solution for ontologies, they do come quite close.

You might also be interested in following the development of the Open Ontology Repository [1]
(a fork of the BioPortal platform), which among other things will be addressing this issue as well.

[1] http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository