Fwd: Methodologies and tools for collaborative ontology creation

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:15:52 +0530
To: semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>
Greets Yury

Just Enough Ontology (JEO)  ;-) is an agile, loose ontology dev process
that takes into account (and is based on) the main phases of
existing/known/established methods. (dead or alive)

I say 'loose' and agile because as you may be aware of, it is very
difficult to implement tightly a methodology with limited team cohesion

JEO starts with stakeholder analysis takes  into account views/viewpoints
(re IEEE 1471), is implementation independent: that is, you can use it to
guide development irrespective of the tool/platform you end up using for
encoding the ontology with, however it is in a sense it does consist of
'semi-structured' approach.

It is also possible to use fragments of JEO, or adopt it to support a
subset of the development activities.

It was first written up for customers of a consulting firm in 2008 (the
methodology is behind a password),however later republished as an open
access academic paper,  a few seminars and tutorials  resulted in more
enlightened attendees, and reasonable outcomes :-)

I started a website that needs finishing/contributors

See links below

Would be interested in feedback anytime

Best

Paola Di Maio (Dr.)

'Just enough' ontology engineering
dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1988698
by P Di Maio - 2011 - Cited by 2 - Related articles
This paper introduces 'just enough' principles and 'systems engineering'
approach to the practice of ontology development to provide a minimal yet
complete, ...

A  'Just Enough'Ontology Engineering
arxiv.org › cs
Block arxiv.org
by P Di Maio - 2011 - Cited by 2 - Related articles
Aug 6, 2011 – Abstract: This paper introduces 'just enough' principles and
'systems engineering' approach to the practice of ontology development to
provide ...

WIMS'11 Tutorials
wims.vestforsk.no/pro-tut.html
Tutorial 3: Just Enough Ontology Engineering Advanced functionalities of
modern IT systems such as the Semantic Web and Web 2.0 tools and
environments .

( open site to be developed further using the materials linked there)
https://sites.google.com/site/justenoughontology
Block sites.google.com
File Format: Microsoft Powerpoint - View as HTML Ontological engineering is
interesting. Scenario interpreter. OMNIBUS ontology. Scenario... exercise.
Simple ...