Re: DBpedia+Spotlight accepted @ Google Summer of Code 2013

In this particular case, I believe the excitement comes from the fact that
this program supports the scientific community in key activities such as:
1) communicating research results, 2) funding; and 3) reproducibility.

First, the academics involved will get their research publicized to
thousands of students all around the world; Second, students will get
funding for joining these academic projects; Third, all the results will be
published as open source, allowing anybody to evaluate, reuse and contrast
their work with those results.

But sorry if I misunderstood the flamethrowing as actual comments.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Neil McNaughton <neil@oilit.com> wrote:

> ** ** ** **
>
> Hello all,****
>
> ** **
>
> There is something unseemly about the way academia regards acceptance by
> Google as an accolade. This, from the multi billion company that spies on
> individuals, sniffing wifi passwords and gaming search to its own “do no
> evil” ends. What is the world coming to I ask?****
>
> ** **
>
> **Neil McNaughton******
>
> Editor, Oil IT Journal (www.oilit.com)****