Re: Updated Microdata to RDF Working Draft

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:46:00 -0400
Cc: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>, W3C Semantic Web IG <semantic-web@w3.org>, W3C HTML Data Task Force <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Adrian Giurca <giurca@tu-cottbus.de>
Dan, Adrian

I agree with all Dan wrote, and let me just emphasize one of the points:

[skip]
On Sep 26, 2012, at 09:47 , Dan Brickley wrote:

> Let's accept Microdata for what it
> is, and instead emphasise the need to get various parts of the tool
> chain to work well with different notations.

Indeed. I do not think we should reopen the long and socially charged discussion around the microdata design. The microdata->RDF conversion note took the pragmatic approach to go along with the microdata as it is and provide a reasonable mapping algorithm. This includes the latest changes.

Ivan

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153